Strawberry Trifle Recipe
My mother gave me this Strawberry Trifle recipe years ago and I make it for almost every family dinner. It is especially wonderful for Easter dessert or any Spring or Summer time gatherings. It is very easy and delicious! The best part is, no cooking required!
- 1 Loaf Pound Cake, thawed and cut into 1" squares
- 1½ Cups Sugar (divided)
- 2 Packages Cream Cheese (8 oz.)
- 3 Tbls Orange Juice
- 2 or 3 Pints Fresh Strawberries, sliced
- 4 Cups Whipped Cream
- 2 Squares Semi-Sweet Chocolate, curls for garnish (optional)
- In a bowl, toss strawberries with ½ Cup of Sugar. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, orange juice, and remaining sugar until smooth. Add 3 Cups Whipped Cream. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add 1 Cup of the strawberries you tossed with sugar. I like to smash these to drizzle over the pound cake. Set these aside for now.
- In a trifle dish, place half of the Pound Cake in the bottom. Drizzle half of the smashed strawberries over the pound cake. Cover with half of the Cream Cheese mixture and half of the strawberries. Repeat layers.
I usually taste test as I go. I have never really measured everything, so it may not need this much sugar! I think this looks best in a trifle dish so you can see all of the beautiful layers! You can get a Trifle Dish very cheap for less than $20! Please let me know if you make this and what everyone thought of it! What is your favorite Spring time recipe? I especially love ones that are no bake!
Easter Dessert: Strawberry Trifle Recipe