Here are some great monster truck facts for you to enjoy before heading out to the Advance Auto Parts Monster Jam®!
- Body – Made of a fiberglass, a monster truck body is custom designed to create a character or theme for the truck.
- Driver Seat – Most monster trucks have the driver seated in the center of the vehicle so he or she can best see the track for weight distribution.
- As a safety measure, all seatbelts employ a 5 point harness to restrain the driver’s body.
- Paint – Most Monster Jam® monster trucks require more than 40 hours of paint time.
- Engines – Custom-built, supercharged and methanol-injected, a monster truck engine burns up to 10 liters of methanol per run (approximately 80 meters) and delivers about 1,500 horsepower.
- Suspension System – In order to allow the drivers to withstand the punishing impacts of jumping and crashing a monster truck during a performance, each Monster Jam monster truck is equipped with specially-engineered extra long 76cm shock absorbers filled with oil and nitrogen gas that are installed with each tire.
- Each monster truck tire is custom made but must be 66 inches high and 43 inches wide.
- The average monster truck team will go through 8 tires in one year.
- 2007 was the 25 year anniversary for the Grave Digger Team.
- More than 4 million Monster Jam fans attend events each year worldwide
- The World Finals in Las Vegas, NV brings 24 of the top trucks in the world to compete for the World Freestyle and Racing Championships. Competitors are by invitation only.
- A monster truck race team will travel 45,000 Miles a year by land to attend events.
- Typical monster trucks cost $600,000 yearly to build, staff, compete, transport and maintain on the Monster Jam tour.
- Average number of cars crushed per year: 3,000.
Be sure you check out our Advance Auto Parts Monster Jam Ticket Giveaway!
Latest posts by wallywonks (see all)
- Win Summer Prizes Resolve Stain Lifter Sweepstakes - June 19, 2013
- Billy Butler BBQ Sauce Review - June 19, 2013
- Zipz Shoes Mission Giveaway - June 19, 2013