The Progressive Insurance® Kansas City Boat & Sportshow® Celebrates 60 Years with Fun Activities for the Whole Family
Looking for something fun to do in Kansas City this weekend? The 60th Annual Progressive Insurance® Kansas City Boat & Sportshow® is back in Kansas City this weekend, January 23-26, 2014. Enjoy the Bartle Hall transformation where you will find expanded hands-on educational seminars and specials on hundreds of boats, RVs and marine accessories, the Kansas Boat & Sportshow is the perfect place for outdoor enthusiasts to dive into summer.
The 2014 show offers a variety of fun activities for all ages, including:
- Gypsy Rose III Landship – Young guests can board the Gypsy Rose III Landship with Captain Tim and transform into pirates, explore the ship and participate in sword fights with other young mateys.
- Boating and Outdoor Classroom – Guests will learn the latest in fishing and hunting techniques from local experts in an extensive seminar lineup.
- Dock Dogs – Families will enjoy watching this high flying dog competition to find out which dog can jump the highest and furthest into a giant pool of water.
- Fred’s Shed – Boat owners can attend educational seminars about maintaining, repairing and upgrading their boats. Each seminar will cover a variety of topics and demonstrations, along with question and answer sessions for the experts.
- SEA LIFE Kansas City Aquarium – Young guests will enjoy viewing starfish, crabs and other sea creatures in SEA LIFE Kansas City Aquarium’s Ocean in Motion Touch Tank and Artifacts Cart. Kids will also enjoy SEA LIFE Academy, a seminar where kids can dissect a squid and learn what makes these creatures a great escape artist and a formidable deep sea hunter.
- Willow Creek Trout Pond – Young guests will have lots of fun as they cast for live fish in the catch-and-release Willow Creek Trout Pond.
- Nickelodeon’s Dora the Explorer – Give your child an opportunity to meet Nickelodeon’s Dora the Explorer on Saturday and Sunday from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Texas Bass Tank – This 12-ft. tall, 40-ft long, 5,000 gallon aquarium is stocked with native fish so guests can enjoy a rare underwater view of professional fishing and casting demonstrations.
When: January 23-26, 2014
Thursday, January 23: 2:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Friday, January 24: 12:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Saturday, January 25: 10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Sunday, January 26: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Where: Bartle Hall 301 W 13th St #100 Kansas City, MO 64105 (location & directions)
Admission: Adults (16 and older): $10 Pre-Show Discount: $8 for tickets purchased online in advance. Youth (15 and under): Free
Add’l Info: For more information, please visit http://www.kansascitysportshow.com. Keep up with us on Twitter at @KCBoatSportshow for all the latest news and promotions and join the conversation on Facebook.
Enter to win tickets to the Kansas City Boat & Sportshow! We are giving away a 4 pack of tickets to one lucky winner!
Latest posts by Melanie Kampman (see all)
- $500 Spring Fever Cash Giveaway - March 9, 2014
- MUPPETS MOST WANTED Printable Activity Sheets for Kids - March 9, 2014
- How to Choose a Bird House - March 9, 2014