This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
How to Make Snowman Cake Balls with MARS Holiday
I love creating fun holiday inspired recipes and enjoy holiday baking with my family. I have so many great memories of cooking in the kitchen with my grandma. She always baked the most delicious treats for us on the holidays.
I always like to try to get extra creative when it comes to holiday baking. I couldn’t seem to think of something off the top of my head so I ran to the store for inspiration. I found some amazing holiday M&M’s® at Walmart the other day and really wanted to incorporate them in to my next recipe creation. I instantly thought of snowman cake balls! I’ll share this recipe with you below and how you can enter in a drawing to win one of eight KitchenAid® mixers!
I grabbed a variety of M&M’s® including:
- M&M’s® White Peppermint
- M&M’s® Hot Chocolate
- M&M’s® Holiday Milk Chocolate
- M&M’s® Holiday Peanut
- M&M’s® Holiday Peanut Butter
Oh, and I couldn’t forget the 2% Great Value Milk and Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Holiday Cake Mix! Walmart offers a great selection when it comes to holiday baking. Be sure to grab a coupon before you go shopping!
Speaking of milk, did you know that hungry children and families are missing out on the essential nutrients supplied by milk? That’s right! Milk is not typically donated to food banks even though it is in high demand. Head over to pourmilklove.com to make a small donation. The Great American Milk Drive will deliver a gallon of milk to a family in need to your local community! You can also help by purchasing 2 bags of M&M’s® at Walmart (9.4 oz bags or larger) and up to a gallon of milk that will be donated to the drive.
Did you know that more than 46.5 million Americans rely on Feeding America food banks each year? That’s including one in every six children! Americans are generous with canned and dry goods but often don’t think to donate milk because it’s perishable. You can join Feeding America in The Great American Milk Drive by logging onto milklife.com/give. You can learn about the need for more nutritious foods in America’s food banks and how your small donation can make a big impact.
Some of my favorite influencer friends are competing to win a kitchen makeover. By voting on your favorite photo, you are entered in a drawing to win one of eight KitchenAid® mixers!
And here’s our Snowman Cake Balls for you to enjoy and recreate in your home. By purchasing some of the ingredients for our recipe you will be helping provide milk to your local community!
Snowman Cake Balls
- Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Holiday Cake Mix
- 2% Great Value Milk
- 2 T Unsalted Butter
- 3 Eggs (free range, organic)
- Fruit Rolls
- Cream Cheese Icing
- Wood Skewers or Lollipop Sticks
Making the Cake:
- Follow the directions on your Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Holiday Cake Mix box. You’ll use the 2% Great Value Milk, unsalted butter and eggs.
- Bake at 350° F as time instructed on the box.
- Allow to cool.
Making the Snowmen:
- Crumble the cake in a large bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup of cream cheese icing. You will use this to make the cake stick together to create the different size balls for your snowmen. Use more or less icing depending on how well it sticks together.
- Shape into 3 different size balls. You can make these whatever size you prefer.
- Freeze the balls for at least 2 hours or more if you prefer to put them in the refrigerator. When they are easy to handle and not wet or sticky you’ll know they are ready to handle and decorate!
- Once the balls are ready to handle use a wooden skewer or lollipop stick to assemble your snowmen. Small ball, middle ball and large ball on the bottom.
- Warm the cream cheese icing in the microwave and stir until smooth. This makes the icing easier to apply to the snowmen. I roll the snowmen over a bowl and let them icing drip over them. It works very well.
- Don’t get too carried away with icing as it will weigh them down. Let the icing set a minute or two before adding the decorations.
- Use the varieties of M&M’s® including M&M’s® White Peppermint, M&M’s® Hot Chocolate, M&M’s® Holiday Milk Chocolate, M&M’s® Holiday Peanut and M&M’s® Holiday Peanut Butter.
- Use the M&M’s® to add a face, earmuffs, etc. to each snowman. I loved creating the M&M’s® ear muffs. And the cute scarves.
- You can use fruit rolls for a scarf and the top part of the ear muffs. Decorate them however you like!
Still have some leftover M&M’s®? Try our easy Santa Claus cupcakes recipe.
Be sure to check out more delicious holiday baking recipes. I’d love to hear about your favorite holiday recipe!