My family really enjoys Halloween and fall. My Mom, known as the Halloweenie Queenie, really enjoys decorating her yard and tends to go over the top! This year with the help of my son she built a fun Hillbilly Trick Mobile – a fun little Halloween truck or car. So, I thought I’d share it with you and how you can build your own to display in your yard for the season!
What You’ll Need:
- 7 Square Bales of Straw
- People – Mom used scarecrows from Michaels Craft Stores
- 4 Wheels – we used some old tillage equipment and wagon wheels
- License Plate
- Steering Wheel
To assemble your trick mobile, set four bales on the ground to form a rectangle. Sit two in the back for the back seats and one in front for the front seat. Sit your scarecrow men and women in the seats. Place two wheels on each side on the ground. For the lights we used part of an old sandbox boat, but you can get creative and use whatever you’d like. For the license plate my Mom spray painted a board black and my son painted “Trick Mobile” on it with orange paint. For the steering wheel you could use a wreath or whatever you can find! Enjoy
Do you have any unique decorations to share for fall or winter?
Latest posts by Melanie Kampman (see all)
- $500 Spring Fever Cash Giveaway - March 9, 2014
- MUPPETS MOST WANTED Printable Activity Sheets for Kids - March 9, 2014
- How to Choose a Bird House - March 9, 2014