FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
StartupNation.com Honors Nation’s Leading Moms in Business
Giveaway Bandit Wins Top Honors in Mom Business Competition
Kansas City, MO – May 2, 2012– From among thousands of contestants, Giveaway Bandit (http://www.giveawaybandit.com) has been ranked 13th in StartupNation.com’s 2012 Leading Moms in Business competition (www.startupnation.com/leading-moms-in-business), sponsored by Web.com (www.discover.web.com/) and Sam’s Club (www5.samsclub.com/YourBusiness.aspx).
Over 350,000 votes were cast in support of the 2012 contestants, reflecting immense interest and supportiveness for moms building businesses at the same time they tend to their families.
“There’s been a sea change among moms as they’ve come to realize that adding entrepreneurship to their lives brings exhilaration and immense gratification, not to mention supplemental—sometimes primary—income to their families in these dicey economic times,” says Rich Sloan, chief startupologist and co-founder of StartupNation.
“It is wonderful to be able to run a successful business online, work from home, and include my son (the Bandit) while teaching him valuable business skills. We have a lot of fun and he is always excited to review new products for companies. We laugh a lot, but he has said from the beginning that his goal is to be on the Ellen Degeneres Show. This is my first step in making that dream come true for him.” says Melanie Kampman, founder of Giveaway Bandit. The winner’s profile for Giveaway Bandit can be found at http://www.startupnation.com/leading-moms-in-business/contestant/11410/index.php.
The 2012 Leading Moms in Business ranking highlights some of the dominant trends, motivations and attributes among moms in business. They include:
- A great eye for providing attractive discounts, coupons, savings and value, all especially important to consumer moms of the recession era.
- A likelihood to come up with innovative products and solutions to address the challenging maze of motherhood. It’s an environment that demands resourcefulness.
- Conscience-driven business, where “doing well” is just fine, but the real rush comes from doing good.
- The attraction of being your own boss looms large for moms wanting to take control they just can’t find in a day job.
- Sustainable solutions and responsible business practices are increasingly paramount.
- Making the most of social media for business benefit is seemingly a birthright for the socially adept moms.
The full results of the 2012 Leading Moms in Business ranking are available on StartupNation’s website at http://www.startupnation.com/leading-moms-in-business.
StartupNation (www.startupnation.com) provides over 175,000 pages of business advice and networking for entrepreneurs and serves millions of entrepreneurs annually. StartupNation is a free service founded by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs with the intention of providing a one-stop shop for entrepreneurial success, including blogs from a host of experts, podcasts, webcasts, eBooks such as 23 Hot Businesses to Start Right Now (www.startupnation.com/hot-business/), award-winning step-by-step advice, and more.
StartupNation co-founders, Rich Sloan and Jeff Sloan, are two of the country’s leading small business experts. The Sloan brothers speak frequently at entrepreneurial forums and recently hosted a Public Television special helping people transform their passions into business opportunities. They are authors of StartupNation: Open for Business, published by Doubleday. The Sloan brothers are regularly quoted and featured in media such as The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Fortune Small Business, Entrepreneur Magazine, CNN, CNBC, MSNBC, FOX News and many others.
For more information, press only:
For StartupNation, contact Rich Sloan via email at rich at StartupNation dot com or by phone at 248-430-1002.
For Giveaway Bandit, contact Melanie Kampman at melanie(at)giveawaybandit(dot)com or 660-853-2777.
Latest posts by Melanie Kampman (see all)
- $500 Spring Fever Cash Giveaway - March 9, 2014
- MUPPETS MOST WANTED Printable Activity Sheets for Kids - March 9, 2014
- How to Choose a Bird House - March 9, 2014